+Pray +Serve +Love +Share
1. All our gifts and blessings come from God. Stewardship is the wise and faithful use of our God-given gifts (talents) and blessings (treasure).
2. As “stewards” we have an obligation to manage our gifts and blessings well, and to return a just portion to help build God’s Kingdom on earth.
3. We have been called to stewardship through our baptism.
4. Stewardship is a way of life.
5. The goal of our stewardship is our own salvation. We will achieve our goal only if we use our gifts and talents wisely and well.
Stewardship ..... some things to think about …… before your commitment.
+God is our creator. God created us in His image and likeness. We are created by God for God. We are not our own. We belong to God. If we are not our own, then the things we have are not our own either. We really do not own them. God gives to us and asks us to be good stewards. Even our talents are not our own, they belong to God.
+Stewardship becomes a way of life by trusting God. We need to “Let go and let God.” “Thy will be done…” not ours but His. God will not let us down. Peace of mind is the end result of trusting God.
+We need to be thankful for all God has given us. Gratitude is a quality of humility. We need to lose our selfishness and sense of control. We need to become humble and thankful for all God has given to us. We need to act out of being thankful.
+Most importantly we need to love – Love God and love our neighbor. Love is not self-seeking. Love requires one to give. God asks a tithe back in thanksgiving for all He has given to us. He asks us to give of our time, talent and treasure. As God loves us we love God. Just remember- God cannot be outdone in generosity.
“As each one of us has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10
Now, take time to pray about how God has gifted you and your life. Think about the priority of God in your life. Then listen to Him and decide how you will share your gifts. Then make the commitment and share them with our community and the world!
Not sure where you will share your time and talent? Click here and check out our volunteer ministries. OR click here to fill out a “gift inventory” and we will call you!
Want to read about one of our parishioner's experiences? Click here to read a testimonial of what a life of stewardship means at Saint Boniface.